Oil & Gas
Krytox™ Oil & Gas Lubricants
Krytox™ oils and MIL PRF-27617 greases are based on perfluoropolyether (PFPE) oils. These synthetic fluorinated lubricants are used in extreme conditions, such as continuous high temperatures up to 300 °C (572 °F) and higher temperatures for shorter periods, depending on product grade limits. Chemically inert and safe for use around hazardous chemicals, these lubricants are nonflammable and are safe for use in oxygen service. Krytox™ oils and greases are silicone free and do not damage plastics or elastomers, or cause corrosion to metals. They are commonly used as lubricants in aerospace, automotive, industrial, and semiconductor applications, as well as solving many other routine lubrication problems. Krytox™ greases are the original products that this military specification was written for and have been certified continuously since the specification was originally written.
Krytox™ 240AZ is a MIL PRF-27617 TYPE I and NSF H-1
Krytox™ 240AB is a MIL PRF-27617 TYPE II and NSF H-1
Krytox™ 240AC is a MIL PRF-26717 TYPE III and NSF H-1
Krytox™ GPL oils and greases
Krytox™ Gearbox greases
Krytox™ XHT greases and oils
Krytox™ TS4 PFPE thread sealant
Krytox™ AGL 683
Krytox™ VPF 1506, 1514 and 1525 are NSF H-1 Rated for incidental food contact
- Krytox 240AC
- Krytox 250AD
Since the first commercial application over 50 years ago, Krytox Aviation synthetic lubricants have delivered consistent, superior, extended performance. Today, with new additives for new challenges, Krytox™ lubricants continue to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Krytox Aviation is the lubricant of choice for demanding conditions —high and low temperatures, extreme pressure, and harsh environments.
- Krytox 250AD grease provides long-life, high-temperature lubrication for aircraft fuel pumps, as well as helicopter hydraulic pump splines, to help prevent fretting corrosion and provide extended service life.
- Krytox 240AC grease has been used to extend the service life of UAV nose landing gear in harsh climates.
- Krytox aviation greases are used in a variety of limited-motion mount systems associated with aircraft engines, such as an oil tank mount bracket for a Trent 1000 engine.
- Krytox AGL 683 grease provides filled-for-life performance for aircraft climate-control and nitrogen gas system valve actuator gearboxes.
- Krytox AGL 829 grease provides filled-for-life, flameproof performance for thrust reverser gearboxes.
- Krytox 240AC grease is compatible and non-reactive with a broad range of O-ring materials, allowing for extended service life and ease of assembly/disassembly. In addition, many Krytox™ lubricants specially designed for aviation applications are covered by MIL-Spec PRF-26717 and NSF H-1, approved for incidental food contact.
- Krytox 240AC grease is used in a wide variety of airframe applications, from engine mounts to fighter canopy slide rollers to aircraft seat adjuster mechanisms.
- Krytox lubricants can be used to improve the performance of traditionally non-lubricated materials, such as DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 bushings.y