Krytox TS4 Thread Sealant
Sealants and tape often expand under pressure. This requires plants to halt operations for re-application, or worse, address expensive thread damages. Krytox™ TS4 is a great replacement to avoid constant maintenance.
High quality sealants, like Krytox TS4, prevent leaks and damages that jeopardize operations, even in extreme environments.
Proper application and a high quality sealant, like Krytox™ TS4, is the solution for demanding applications, and can help reduce maintenance costs and operational halts. Thread sealant (TS4) is unlike PTFE tape, which should be removed before re-application. Krytox TS4 can be re-applied over existing Krytox thread sealant. Clings to threads and will not shred or tear on assembly/disassembly. Cannot plug or restrict critical piping, valves, or instruments like tape solids. Krytox TS4 is non-reactive, non-toxic, nonflammable, non-corrosive and compatible with most seal, O-ring, and valve polymers. No VOC content or hydrocarbon in the product; safe for oxygen use with no auto-ignition temperatures. Tested leak free under helium at 400 psi for 7 days.* Safe for use: The Chlorine Institute (Pamphlet 164) rates Krytox lubricants a “1”. Lubricates threads, preventing costly thread damage from galling and seizing during assembly. Allows low breakaway torque for easy-to-break connections.
Learn more about Krytox TS4 Thread Sealant, including how to properly apply:
Key Benefits of Krytox™ TS4:
- Can be re-applied over existing Kytox™ thread sealant
- Clings and will not shred or tear on assembly/disassembly
- Cannot plug or restrict critical piping, valves or instruments
- Non-reactive, non-toxic, nonflammable, non-corrosive
- Compatible with most seal, O-ring and valve polymers
- No VOC content or hydrocarbon
- Operating temperature range of –54–149 ºC (–65–300 ºF).
- Cost-effective- only a small amount of sealant needed
- Fast and easy to apply
Suggested Krytox TS4 Thread Sealant Application Procedures:
- Clean all pipe and fitting threads with a non-chlorinated solvent to remove cutting/protective oil and chase threads with stiff wire brush to remove burrs, debris, and old sealant (PTFE tape, pipe dope, anaerobic resin, etc.).
- Check pipe and fittings against ASNI/ASME guideline B.20.1-1983 to meet specifications for proper fit and engagement.
- Construct piping systems following all applicable ANSI/ ASME codes.
- Apply Krytox TS4 to fill the male threads evenly, up to the recommended engagement length from the ANSI/ ASME guideline. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.