Krytox™ Lubricants for the Electronics Industry
Krytox™ perfluoropolyether (PFPE) oils with no additives are good insulators. The typical dielectric properties are shown in the table. There is no difference in the electrical properties of different grades of oils, as their chemical properties are identical, and the primary difference is viscosity. The properties vary slightly, with increasing viscosity typically having higher values.
A vacuum pump fluid, or GPL oil, or 143-series oil with the same viscosity will have the same electrical properties. Oils with additives and/or contaminated with wear debris or water could have different properties.
The electrical properties of additive-free Krytox™ greases thickened with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) approach those of the oils; however, incorporation of some additives may significantly alter these values. In fact, the conductivity of the grease may be increased, if desired, by incorporating a conductive additive, such as powdered copper metal, as used in the GPL 246 electrical conducting grease.
Krytox™ EG 2000
Krytox™ EG 3000
Krytox™ GPL 246
- Krytox 240AC
- Krytox 250AD
Since the first commercial application over 50 years ago, Krytox Aviation synthetic lubricants have delivered consistent, superior, extended performance. Today, with new additives for new challenges, Krytox™ lubricants continue to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Krytox Aviation is the lubricant of choice for demanding conditions —high and low temperatures, extreme pressure, and harsh environments.
- Krytox 250AD grease provides long-life, high-temperature lubrication for aircraft fuel pumps, as well as helicopter hydraulic pump splines, to help prevent fretting corrosion and provide extended service life.
- Krytox 240AC grease has been used to extend the service life of UAV nose landing gear in harsh climates.
- Krytox aviation greases are used in a variety of limited-motion mount systems associated with aircraft engines, such as an oil tank mount bracket for a Trent 1000 engine.
- Krytox AGL 683 grease provides filled-for-life performance for aircraft climate-control and nitrogen gas system valve actuator gearboxes.
- Krytox AGL 829 grease provides filled-for-life, flameproof performance for thrust reverser gearboxes.
- Krytox 240AC grease is compatible and non-reactive with a broad range of O-ring materials, allowing for extended service life and ease of assembly/disassembly. In addition, many Krytox™ lubricants specially designed for aviation applications are covered by MIL-Spec PRF-26717 and NSF H-1, approved for incidental food contact.
- Krytox 240AC grease is used in a wide variety of airframe applications, from engine mounts to fighter canopy slide rollers to aircraft seat adjuster mechanisms.
- Krytox lubricants can be used to improve the performance of traditionally non-lubricated materials, such as DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 bushings.y